Raoua Tlili5 October 1989 Gafsa, Tunisia
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- London 2017 World Para Athletics Championships – gold: discus and shot put F41
- Rio 2016 - gold: Shot put and dicus F41
- Doha 2015 World Championships - gold: Discus F41 and Shot put F41
- Lyon 2013 World Championships - gold: Discus Throw F41
- London 2012 - gold: Shot put F40; silver: Discus Throw F40
The Tunisian went in to the competition in the British capital as favourite for gold, and she didn’t disappoint, setting new championship records on both events.
The F41 thrower has been at the top of her sport for a number of years, having made her senior international debut back in 2006.
At the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games, Tlili threw what was then a world record 8.95m in the shot put to take the top spot on the podium. She also won a silver medal in the discus with a best of 27.61m.
The Tunisian repeated that success four years later at London 2012 with another world record - this time throwing 9.86m for shot put gold, and 31.16m for discus silver.
Rio 2016 was her third Games and a season’s best 10.19m was good enough to secure a hat-trick of Paralympic shot put titles. Having won silver twice before, she finally won gold in the discus with a world record 33.38m throw.
- Follow us on Facebook