The Americas Paralympic Committee (APC) has announced six candidates who will stand for election as Athlete Representative to the APC Executive Board during the 2011 Guadalajara Parapan American Games.
The Candidates are:
• Jason Dunkerley, Canada (Athletics)
• Daniel Giraldo Correa, Colombia (Swimming)
• Terezinha Aparecida Guilhermina, Brasil (Athletics)
• Enrique Rodriguez, Uruguay (Wheelchair Tennis)
• Juan Pablo Rosatti, Argentina (Swimming)
• Charles Swearingen, USA (Sitting Volleyball)
The elections will take place from 10 – 19 November 2011. The voting area will be located at the dining area in the Athletes Village and all Aa accredited athletes are eligible to vote for one candidate. Posters and brochures to portrait the candidates will be displayed during the elections.
“We thank those NPC that have submitted nominations and encourage all NPCs to educate their athletes on the importance of the elections and their right to cast their vote,” said Xavier Gonzalez, the International Paralympic Committee’s Chief Executive Officer and Octavio Londoño, President of the Americas Paralympic Committee in a joint letter to NPC Presidents and Secretary Generals of the Americas Paralympic Committee on 9 September.