PyeongChang 2018: Sweden team named16.02.2018
21 athletes will represent the country in upcoming Paralympic Winter Games
The Swedish Paralympic Committee has presented the squad for the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games, which will be held from 9-18 March.
"We believe our Paralympic team has realistic medal opportunities. It will be very exciting to see what our mix of assets with high skills and a lot of routine – which is being played with promising debutants – offers as performance and what it gives for results,” said Niclas Grön, Chef de Mission for the Swedish team.
Sweden is placed in 11th position in the all-time Paralympic Winter Games medal standings with 26 gold, 32 silver and 41 bronze medals. The 11th position was also the country’s placement four years ago at the Sochi Paralympics.
All four medals won in 2014 came in Para cross-country, including Sweden’s only gold with Helena Ripa in the women’s 15 km standing. The Swedes also clinched two silver medals and one bronze.
Team Sweden for PyeongChang 2018:
Viljo Petersson Dahl
Zebastian Modin (guides Johannes Andersson and Robin Bryntesson)
The Paralympic Winter Games take place in PyeongChang, South Korea from 9-18 March. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Related News
- PyeongChang 2018: Canada name Para ice hockey team
- PyeongChang 2018 Sport Week: Wheelchair curling Head-to-Head
- PyeongChang 2018: Allianz and IPC launch 'Limitless' video series
- PyeongChang 2018 Sport Week: Paralympic perfection
- PyeongChang 2018: Japan name Para ice hockey team
- PyeongChang 2018: Finland names team
- PyeongChang 2018: Canadian Paralympic Committee launches ‘Greatness is Rare’
- PyeongChang 2018 Sport Week: 5 wheelchair curling storylines
- Path to PyeongChang: Practice makes perfect for Andrea Eskau