The Czech Republic are heading to the 2015 IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships A-Pool in Buffalo, New York, USA, having just missed out on the podium at the last two editions.
Here Paralympic.org asked their head coach Jiri Briza and key player David Motycka about their long term goals at the start of the road to the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games.
Jiri Briza (head coach)
Paralympic.org: What three things would you like to achieve as a team before PyeongChang 2018?
1. To find new young players with an interest in sledge hockey and develop their skills up to the national level, so they can be members of the team and go to the Winter Paralympics in 2018.
2. To host the European and World Championships.
3. To be financially stable and have more opportunities to play tournaments until 2018.
David Motycka (Defenceman)
Paralympic.org: What three things would you like to achieve personally before PyeongChang 2018?
1. To improve my agility and speed on my sled.
2. To be able to shoot with my left hand as good as with my right hand.
3. To reach any medal position as a team at the big tournaments.
Ay Buffalo 2015, the Czech Republic will play in Group A alongside defending champions Canada, Norway and Japan.
Tickets and media accreditation are still available at Buffalo2015.com. Viewers outside of the US can watch all games live at Buffalo2015.com and in the USA, on NBC Sports Network and NBC Sports Live Extra.