WTF instates Para-Taekwondo Governing Board02.07.2015
The board of eight includes two athlete representatives.
Following the enactment of a para-taekwondo bylaw in May this year, the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) has appointed eight members of the WTF Para-Taekwondo Governing Board, including two athlete representatives.
The Para-Taekwondo Governing Board will be chaired by Koos Engelbrecht who formerly was the chairman of the WTF Para-Taekwondo Committee that successfully bid for the inclusion on the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic programme.
In his acceptance letter, Engelbrecht said: “It is an honour for me to be appointed as Chairman of the Para-Taekwondo Governing Board. This is a task I will take up to serve WTF and its members to the best of my ability.
• Koos Engelbreacht, Chairman, South Africa
• Dr. Gabriel Fife, Member, USA
• Dr. David O'Sullivan, Member, Ireland
• Terrie Moore, Member, Canada
• Prof. Fernando Akilian, Member, Argentina
• Aleksandr Shlychkov, Member, Russia
• Steven Currie, Athlete Member, Australia
• Lisa Standeven, Athlete Member, Canada
WTF President Chungwon Choue said: "The Para-Taekwondo Governing Board has been carefully selected to ensure that the WTF has a solid base to develop taekwondo as an all-inclusive sport and expand the competition formats to include athletes of all disabilities. Their work will also be to perfect all aspects of the para-taekwondo kyorugi discipline that will be featured on the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games programme."