Carina Edlinger13 August 1998
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Bronze: cross-country middle distance
- 2017-18 Cross-Country World Cup - Overall winner
- 2017 World Para Nordic Skiing Championships: Gold - cross-country sprint and long distance; Bronze - cross-country middle distance
- 2016-17 Cross-Country World Cup: Overall winner
- Related Videos
- Carina Edlinger: My Proud Paralympian Story
Carina Edlinger has high expectations for her second World Championships in Prince George, Canada. The Austrian vision impaired skier has recently sealed four cross-country wins over two 2018-19 World Cups.
She was a bit disappointed after her performance at her maiden Winter Paralympics in PyeongChang, South Korea.
Prior to the Games, Edlinger had confirmed her status as a clear candidate for gold after finishing as the overall cross-country World Cup winner for a second successive year.
But she struggled with the pressure and had to settle for bronze in the women´s cross-country middle distance vision impaired at PyeongChang 2018. She will most certainly have many more opportunities to win a Paralympic gold.
Edlinger’s debut season in 2016-17 was stunning.
The Austrian claimed gold in the women’s cross-country sprint and long distance vision impaired events at the World Championships in Finsterau, Germany. She also added a bronze to her haul in the cross-country middle distance.
Edlinger finished as the overall winner of the cross-country World Cup after capturing four wins and six other podium-finishes.
Edlinger’s sight in both eyes decreased due to a rare genetic disease.