Carina Edlinger13 August 1998
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Bronze: cross-country middle distance
- 2017-18 Cross-Country World Cup - Overall winner
- 2017 World Para Nordic Skiing Championships: Gold - cross-country sprint and long distance; Bronze - cross-country middle distance
- 2016-17 Cross-Country World Cup: Overall winner
- Related Videos
- Carina Edlinger: My Proud Paralympian Story
Carina Edlinger kicked off the 2017-18 season with high expectations after an outstanding debut season. The young Austrian Nordic skier was hoping to reach the top of the Paralympic podium at her maiden Games in PyeongChang, South Korea.
She confirmed her status as a clear candidate for gold after finishing as the overall cross-country World Cup winner for a second successive year.
But Edlinger could not handle the pressure and had to settle for bronze in the women´s cross-country middle distance vision impaired at PyeongChang 2018. She will most certainly have many more opportunities to win a Paralympic gold.
Edlinger’s debut season in 2016-17 was stunning.
The Austrian claimed gold in the women’s cross-country sprint and long distance vision impaired events at the World Championships in Finsterau, Germany. She also added a bronze to her haul in the cross-country middle distance.
Edlinger finished as the overall winner of the cross-country World Cup after capturing four wins and six other podium-finishes.
She is guided by her older brother Julian, who has competed in national able-bodied cross-country events. Edlinger’s sight in both eyes decreased due to a rare genetic disease.