Andorra: 6 facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics05.02.2014
The small country in the Pyrenees will make its third appearance at a Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi.
• Andorra first competed at the Paralympic Winter Games in 2002, where Xavier Barios and Miguel Llongueras competed in men’s slalom and giant slalom sitting events.
• At the Torino 2006 Paralympic Winter Games, Andorra also sent two athletes: Barios and visually impaired skier Francesca Ramirez.
• Andorra recorded a top-10 finish at the last Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver, as Paquita Ramirez Capitan finished ninth in the women’s giant slalom visually impaired event.
• Andorra has never won a medal at either the Paralympic Winter Games or the Olympic Winter Games.
• Alpine skiing is the only winter sport Andorra has competed in at the Paralympics.