Representatives from the Beijing 2022 Organising Committee, the host city of Beijing and the host country of China are to be recognised by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) for their excellent efforts in delivering a successful, safe and secure Beijing 2022 Paralympic Winter Games.
The Paralympic Games Appreciation Token will be presented to a group of eight of the highest ranked officials connected with the organisation of the Games. Given that some of the recipients are outside of the ‘closed loop’, the Beijing 2022 International Relations Department will arrange for the Awards to be presented at a later date to the following recipients:
- Mme. SUN Chunlan – Vice Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China
- Mr. CAI Qi – Secretary of the CPC Beijing Municipal Committee, President of Beijing 2022
- Mr. CHEN Jining – Mayor of Beijing, Executive President of Beijing 2022
- Mr. WANG Zhengpu – Governor of Hebei Province, Executive President of Beijing 2022
- Mme. ZHANG Haidi - President of China Disabled Persons' Federation, President of NPC China, Executive President of Beijing 2022
- Mr. ZHANG Jiandong – Vice Mayor of Beijing, Executive Vice President of Beijing 2022
- Mr. YANG Shu'an – Vice President of NOC China, Vice President of Beijing 2022
- Mme. HAN Zirong – Vice President and Secretary General of Beijing 2022
IPC President Andrew Parsons said: “On behalf of the whole Paralympic Movement, I would like to thank the Beijing 2022 Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the city of Beijing, the Chinese Government and the National Paralympic Committee of China for delivering a stunning Beijing 2022 Paralympic Winter Games.
“I was here in 2008 when China set the standard for the delivery of the summer Paralympic Games. I am now witness in 2022 to another superbly organised Games, and one that sets a very high bar for the Milano Cortina 2026 Paralympic Winter Games.
“Across the board we have had fantastic feedback from the athletes, NPCs, International Federations and media for the standard of the Games. From the stunning venues to the wonderfully enthusiastic volunteers, from the excellent quality of the Paralympic Villages to the extremely effective COVID-19 countermeasures, what the Organising Committee has done has been a credit to the People’s Republic of China.
“Importantly these Games have built a legacy for inclusion, and we trust that the 85 million persons with disabilities in China will continue to benefit from Beijing 2022.”