PyeongChang 2018: Dutch team named06.02.2018
Bibian Mentel-Spee among nine confirmed for the Paralympic Winter Games
The National Paralympic Committee (NPC) of the Netherlands have announced nine athletes heading to the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games set for 9-18 March.
Four Dutch snowboarders and five alpine skiers have qualified.
Multi-Paralympic and world champion Bibian Mentel-Spee; four-time world champion Chris Vos; and Worlds medallist Lisa Bunschoten will all return for their second Paralympic Winter Games in snowboard. Renske van Beek will be making her Games debut in PyeongChang.
Alpine skiers Anna Jochemsen and Jeffrey Stuut will start on both the standing speed and the technical disciplines. In the sitting category, Linda van Impelen, Jeroen Kampschreur and Niels de Langen will represent TeamNL on all five disciplines on the slopes in PyeongChang. Kampschreur, who will make his debut at the Paralympic Games, is the reigning world champion on the slalom, giant slalom and super-combined.
The Paralympic Winter Games take place in PyeongChang, South Korea from 9-18 March. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Related News
- World Cup titles up for grabs at last Nordic competition in Vuokatti
- PyeongChang 2018: NBC announces Paralympic coverage
- PyeongChang 2018 Sport Week: Introduction to snowboard
- Big White to crown snowboard overall World Cup winners
- Daniel Wagner honoured ahead of potential trip to PyeongChang 2018
- PyeongChang 2018: US Nordic skiers named
- PyeongChang 2018 Sport Week: Snowboard Ones to Watch