The six finalists for the prestigious Whang Youn Dai Achievement Award which will be presented at Sunday’s (18 March) Closing Ceremony have been announced.
One male and one female athlete who best exemplify the spirit of the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games and the Paralympic values will be chosen to receive gold medals weighing 75 grams.
The six finalists are:
1. Vitaliy Lukyanenko (UKR) Biathlon
2. Eui Hyun Sin (KOR) Biathlon
3. Adam Hall (NZL) Alpine skiing
1. Jae Rim Yang (KOR) Alpine skiing
2. Danelle Umstead (USA) Alpine skiing
3. Sini Pyy (FIN) Cross country skiing and biathlon
This award honours Paralympians who see beyond their limitations and who have vision to change the world through sports and the Paralympic Games. The award is named after Dr. Whang Youn Dai, a forefront advocate for persons with disabilities for over 50 years. It has been given since the Seoul 1988 Paralympic Games to inspire persons with disabilities and the world to achieve excellence in sports and in life.
The winners will be announced on Thursday 15 March, after 18:00.