The African Paralympic Committee and the African Union Sports Council invites all stakeholders to join the webinar on "The Power of Inclusion: Maximising the visibility of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games” scheduled on Friday (7 May) at 10 a.m. WAT (11 a.m. CET).
To join the digital conversation, register here. Upon registration, participants will receive a confirmation email.
The top-notch guest speakers list includes:
• Dr. Decius Hikabwa Chipande, African Union Sports Council Coordinator (Head)
• Leonel da Rocha Pinto, African Paralympic Committee President
• Craig Spence, International Paralympic Committee Chief Brand & Communications Officer
• National Paralympic Committee (NPC) perspectives: NPC Ghana Secretary General Peter Adjei and NPC Zambia I’mPOSSIBLE Educator Natasha Linda
• Athlete panel: Marie Louise Mukangoga (wheelchair basketball, Rwanda) Emmanuel Nii Tettey (Para powerlifting, Ghana), Maureen Kaluni (young Paralympic leader, Uganda)
This webinar comes off the International Paralympic Committee’s (IPC) announcement that it will provide free-to-air coverage of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games in Sub-Saharan Africa as part of its efforts to raise awareness of Para sport and its athletes in the region.