Stefan Daniel22 February 1997 Alberta, Canada
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- Rio 2016 Paralympic Games - Silver: Men's PT4
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago - Gold: Men's PT4
- 2015 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Event - Gold: Men's PT4
- 2015 CAN Paratriathlon National Championships - Gold: Men's PT4
- 2015 Rio de Janeiro ITU World Paratriathlon Event - Silver: Men's PT4
- Related News
- Daniel upsets Schulz at Para-Triathlon Worlds
Daniel was among the youngest competitors at the Rio 2016 Paralympics. Taking silver behind Germany’s Martin Schulz at age 19, the Canadian showed he has more to give this year.
During the Rio 2016 race, he hung back as far as fifth place but picked up significant ground on the run – his strongest of the three segments. Still, Schulz was too far out and Daniel was content with his silver.
“I was in a podium position coming out of the bike, so I had to earn every spot that I could,” Daniel said after his race. “But Martin was too far up over there. He beat me fair and square.”
“I’m still a teenager. I still have a lot of room to grow.”
Daniel will be in his fifth season competing in Para triathlon. Before, he first competed nationally and internationally in swimming at 12 years old. In 2013, he decided to train solely in triathlon with aims for Rio 2016.
“Swimming was my main sport, but I had an equal passion for running,” Daniel said. “I attribute my success to my coaches and training partners,” he added. “My coaches were able to help me develop in all three areas throughout each season.”
*Sport classes for Para triathlon will be renamed for 2017
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Tweets by paralympic