Benjamin Daviet16 June 1989 France
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games – Gold: biathlon sprint and middle distance; cross-country open relay; Silver: biathlon long distance, cross-country long distance
- 2017-18 Biathlon World Cup - Overall second
- 2017 World Para Nordic Skiing Championships - Gold: middle distance cross-country, 4x2.5km cross-country open relay and long distance biathlon; Silver: middle and short distance biathlon; Bronze: short distance biathlon
- 2015-16 cross-country World Cup – overall third
- 2015-16 biathlon World Cup – overall second
Most recently, he won five golds across biathlon and cross-country events at the first two World Cups of the 2018/19 season.
Daviet has firmly placed among the best skiers in the world for two years now.
In 2018, he enjoyed the best performance of his life by winning two golds and one silver in biathlon, and one gold and one silver in cross-country at the Paralympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea.
One year before, an incredible performance saw him leave with three world titles - two from cross-country and one in biathlon – from Finsterau, Germany. He also won the men's biathlon standing World Cup.
While working as a plumber during the summer months and as a mechanic on cable cars during the winter, Daviet lives the other side of his life training hard on the trails.
He has been on the French team since 2011 and just three years later he reached his first World Cup podiums right before his appearance in Sochi.
His first World Championships podiums came in 2015 where he reached the top three four times, including gold in the relay.
- Follow us on Facebook