Lima 2019: Mexico and Puerto Rico qualify29.10.2018
Central American wheelchair basketball spots decided
Mexico held off Puerto Rico in thrilling fashion to capture the men’s 2018 Central America and Caribbean Championship title on Saturday (27 October) in Costa Rica.
The Mexican wheelchair basketball squad erased a five-point half-time deficit to win 59-56 and complete an undefeated tournament.
The victory not only awarded them the gold medal but also ensured their place in next year’s Parapan Am Games in Lima, Peru.
Puerto Rico’s silver medal also saw them awarded the final spot from Central America at Lima 2019, where Canada, USA and hosts Peru await.
Reigning Central American Games champions Nicaragua defeated El Salvador for the bronze medal.
The final Lima 2019 spots will be confirmed in December with the South American Championships, featuring Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Related News
- Indonesia 2018: Iran deny Japan in thriller
- IPC Statement: Death of Patrick Baumann
- Indonesia 2018: Six memorable moments
- Agitos Foundation announces GSP 2018 recipients
- IPC sends condolences to the family of Kari Marklund
- Central America-Caribbean Championships tip off
- Lima 2019: Not a moment to waste say APC