Para sport preview: February 201801.02.2018
Winter sports’ World Cup circuits come to an end
The Kimberley Alpine Resort in Canada will host the last major event before the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games, from 8-11 February, with most of the world’s best skiers competing. Live streaming, highlights and complete live results are available on a dedicated World Para Alpine Skiing World Cup website.
The final event of the Para Nordic skiing season will take place in Vuokatti, Finland, for a 10th consecutive year, between 3 and 10 February. The new World Cup winners will be crowned just a month before the Winter Paralympics kick off in PyeongChang, South Korea.
World Cup champions will be decided in Big White, Canada, from 5-8 February. It will also be the last opportunity for the best snowboarders to assess themselves ahead of PyeongChang 2018.
Eger, Hungary, will stage the first World Cup of the season between 15 and 18 February. Men’s and women’s epee, foil and sabre individual and team events will be contested.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is the host city for the ninth edition of the Fazza World Cup, between 17 and 22 February.
The season’s first World Cup will be held in Devonport, Australia, on 17 February.
- Related News
- Hernandez-Cervellon regaining confidence
- Markus Salcher claims first two wins of the season
- Enduring love of sport fuels Taras Rad’s World Cup success
- Fernando Acevedo targets continental success
- Para triathlon: 5 things we learned from 2017
- Wheelchair fencing: 5 things we learned in 2017
- Para sport review: January 2018